Assignment 7 for me is still a mess, I only managed to get as far as getting registration to work. But the login section is another story. I can't seem to get info from the form and match that against the registration, then set the cookie. I just can't figure this out. It feels so frustrating to be two weeks behind the class and have to start the final project. I think I made a mistake signing up for the intensive course because the course is going too fast to learn such abstract language like php. I can't even begin to look for where I went wrong. And the sad part is, I don't even know what questions to ask to solve the issues because I can't even tell which part is broken. Just a bunch of smoke.
Assignment 7 (still in progress)
Basically, the process gets stuck at the login page because after you enter your info. The page just loads itself after submit. "Why?" is what I want to know right now.
Assignment 8 (also in progress)
The progress as you can see is stuck at getting the comment to go into the post. But it is sorta on hold because I can't seem to wrap up Assignment 7. (I'm losing faith here.)
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I took a quick peak this morning Kie and I see that you can write to the txt file. Next I would follow Amos' lesson file about reading from the txt file. Along with this the cookie lesson is important but first try reading the txt file you successfully are writing to.
One ah-ha moment for me was seeing how others were passing a true statement from one page to another which related to the error messages. I think Amos has an example but I found the following to be helpful
//SEND A TRUE MESSAGE FOR ERROR ALERT ON THE LOGIN PAGE
header("Location: ../page_login.php?noLogInMatch=1");
which says, redirect to the location one page up to page_login.php with the noLogInMatch variable set to 1 (could be "true").
I would also find myself wandering and getting frustrated till I went to the assignment instructions. You don't necessarily have to do those steps in order but it helps to follow it.
To let you know I just looked at my files and I see all these different sections and code and I wonder how I got to that point. Realizing it was only one piece at a time and I couldn't have done it without looking at the files of other students too. Eventually you will come across some code that makes sense to you because there is more than one way to solve these problems.
With all these different parts if something wasn't working for me I would break it out like a class lesson and recreate just that one part. That would help my confidence to get it to work in the big picture when I knew I had successfully gotten a part to work.
Good luck with the small steps!
david bone
Post a Comment